Suspicious Nursing Home Injuries
The law office of Gross & Levin, L.L.P. in Queens, New York provides attentive results-focused legal help to families concerned about the level of care their loved ones are receiving in nursing homes. As a concerned family member, you are vigilant about your loved one's physical, mental and emotional condition. By watching out for suspicious injuries, you can ensure your mother, father or other elderly loved one is safe.
Do you have reason to believe suspicious injuries are the result of nursing home abuse or neglect? Contact our firm to schedule a consultation.
Signs of Abuse and Neglect
Our attorneys encourage you to be actively involved in the care of your loved one. When you visit, make note of any actions or physical changes in the resident make you feel uncomfortable. Trust your instincts. You know your loved one better than a nursing home aide who could dismiss your complaint. Signs of nursing home neglect and abuse can include:
- Unexplained bruises, abrasions, burns or broken bones
- Bed sores
- Unexplained genital infections (may indicate sexual abuse)
- Sudden behavioral changes
- Dry skin, parched lips and other signs of malnutrition or dehydration
- Staff preventing visitors from seeing resident or being alone with resident
- Sudden changes in financial documents, estate planning documents or large withdrawals from bank accounts
At Gross & Levin, L.L.P., we are dedicated to protecting the rights of the elderly and the families that care about them. If your loved one shows signs of suspicious injuries, contact us to arrange your consultation. We are prepared to investigate the matter and bring a claim on your behalf.