Queens Estate Planning Lawyers
Contrary to many people's impressions, estate planning does not focus on planning for death. Rather, estate planning is a tool for comprehensive life care planning, family protection, asset protection and clarification of health care preferences.
Take stock of your assets and your long-term financial goals. Discuss the estate planning tools most appropriate for your needs with an experienced lawyer. Contact Queens estate planning attorneys at the law offices of M. Joseph Levin,P. C., to schedule a consultation.
Read more about estate planning.
In your first office consultation, we will evaluate any existing testamentary documents you may already have, such as a will. Our lawyers also help you explore solutions you may not have thought of to questions such as the following:
- Have any significant changes have taken place in your family and finances since you last updated your will?
- Have you considered other ways of transferring assets to the next generation, such as irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, charitable trusts and special needs trusts?
- Do you understand the purpose of a pour-over will to complement your trust documents?
- Do you have complex estate planning needs?
- Do you have a business succession plan that provides for all likely future scenarios with regard to your family business?
- Are you interested in establishing power of attorney for financial, legal and medical situations?
- Do you have a living will to address medical decisions that will need to be made if you become incapacitated?
- Is your retirement plan in place?
Our estate planning law practice was founded on the old-fashioned principle of honesty and open communication between attorney and client. Our lawyers continue this tradition today. We are a small enough law firm that we know our clients by name. A well-qualified legal staff including paralegals helps us maintain an efficient and detail-oriented law practice.
Contact M. Joseph Levin,P. C. to schedule a meeting with an attorney regarding your estate planning needs and options. Learn how to minimize inheritance taxes and plan intelligently for your family's future.