Queens Estate Planning Lawyers
Contrary to many people's impressions, estate planning does not focus on planning for death. Rather, estate planning is a tool for comprehensive life care planning, family protection, asset protection and clarification of health care preferences.
Take stock of your assets and your long-term financial goals. Discuss the estate planning tools most appropriate for your needs with an experienced lawyer. Contact Queens estate planning attorneys at the law offices of Gross & Levin, L.L.P., to schedule a consultation.
Read more about estate planning.
In your first office consultation, we will evaluate any existing testamentary documents you may already have, such as a will. Our lawyers also help you explore solutions you may not have thought of to questions such as the following:
- Have any significant changes have taken place in your family and finances since you last updated your will?
- Have you considered other ways of transferring assets to the next generation, such as irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, charitable trusts and special needs trusts?
- Do you understand the purpose of a pour-over will to complement your trust documents?
- Do you have complex estate planning needs?
- Do you have a business succession plan that provides for all likely future scenarios with regard to your family business?
- Are you interested in establishing power of attorney for financial, legal and medical situations?
- Do you have a living will to address medical decisions that will need to be made if you become incapacitated?
- Is your retirement plan in place?
Our estate planning law practice was founded on the old-fashioned principle of honesty and open communication between attorney and client. Our lawyers continue this tradition today. We are a small enough law firm that we know our clients by name. A well-qualified legal staff including paralegals helps us maintain an efficient and detail-oriented law practice.
Contact Gross & Levin, L.L.P. to schedule a meeting with an attorney regarding your estate planning needs and options. Learn how to minimize inheritance taxes and plan intelligently for your family's future.